Should you pick a Jamaica villa or hotel?
Hmmm… I don’t know which to choose.
Despite the attractiveness of hotels, here are 10 really good reasons to choose a villa over a hotel for your next Jamaica vacation.
You’ll be glad you are in a Jamaica villa vacation rental and not a hotel when
- You want to get some ice or something to drink; but, you have already changed into your PJs. Plus, it’s too late for room service. Argh. Has that ever happened to you at a hotel? If so, you know the feeling and the mental debate about whether or not it is worth it to get fully dressed again just to go to the ice or vending machine.
Imagine getting locked out of you hotel room in these pajamas. Photo credit – Christopher, Flicker, Creative Commons
No need to worry at a villa. Just put on your robe and saunter freely downstairs. Or, if you had told the staff you would have like iced water in your room, it would have been there for you.
- You and your friends want to stay up talking the night away just like in college. At a Jamaica villa, you won’t have to worry about disturbing other guests or having to leave to go to your respective rooms or hotels. It can be just like a grown-up sleepover.
- You want to talk about personal stuff that you don’t want the rest of the world to hear, even if they are family. Well, nothing to worry about, it’s just your group at the villa and you’ll have space to stretch out. It is your private villa! Pick your favorite spot and chat away.
You’ll have enough space in your Jamaica villa to still share secrets like when you were kids! Photo credit
- You want to know what everyone is up to without having to call each room. No worries at a villa. You are all together under one roof! It’s not like you are in 8 bedrooms spread out over multiple wings of a large hotel.
- You realize you forgot your curling iron. Again, no problem. Just go borrow your friend’s in the room next door.
- You decide you want to go see the island. You won’t have to listen to hotel staff trying to convince you to stay, and spend money, on their property, by scaring you into thinking it is unsafe to leave. Villas make it easy for you to explore. Mais Oui tops the list in that regard.
- You want food that is freshly made and with true local flavor. Big hotels typically either buy imported foods or bulk foods or both. Smaller properties like villas have no choice to go local, which is good for the economy and good for you too. No mass-produced, bland or non-descript buffets that are so common at many all-inclusives.
- Even if you are a large group, you can all eat together at a villa without having to make special reservations! Assuming, of course, that you picked the right Jamaica villa. Try that at a hotel or restaurant without a prior reservation.
Large groups can eat in style at Mais Oui.
- You want to lounge by the pool. Generally, this is not a problem at a small hotel; but, good luck if you are at a large hotel. Set your alarm clock to wake up early to snag a preferred spot or pay extra for a pool-side cabana. Not so at a villa. The thought of sending someone ahead to stake a claim to a lounger would be a foreign concept. Your private pool is there, freshly cleaned, waiting for you.
Enjoy a pool-side spa at your villa in Jamaica
- Do you realize that when you rent a Jamaica villa, you get the whole property as opposed to simply a room? Even if you rent fewer rooms than full occupancy, the un-rented rooms are closed off but the entire property is still for the enjoyment of your group.
These are just a few of the top freedoms that you can expect when you pick a Jamaica villa rental that you just can’t, or won’t, have at a hotel. Sometimes it is the little conveniences that mean so much during a much-needed vacation. So, get out of your comfort zone and pick a Jamaica villa over a hotel. You’ll be glad you did.
So what do you think? Jamaica villa or hotel? Drop us a line in the comments.
Think you might want to consider a Jamaica villa for your next vacation but you aren’t sure?
Click now to get our 12 point cheat sheet to find out your vacation style
So, are you the Jamaica villa rental type or the hotel type?
Til next time. Think and dream Jamaica!
Sherry, Darrell and Darrian
Visit our website: http://www.MakeItJamaica.com
Like AND follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MakeItJamaica
Give us a call: 866.624.7684 (toll free) or 914.709.0457
Sign up for our newsletter and immediately get our Free Discovery Bay Insider Guide to discover what you won’t find in the guidebooks.