Are you considering a stay in Discovery Bay Jamaica?
How do you know if it is the right area to stay in Jamaica?
Choosing the wrong location can cause a less than satisfactory vacation experience. Our ultimate goal is for you to enjoy your holiday in Jamaica, whether or not you choose to stay at our home.
Knowing what the area is like will help you decide if Discovery Bay is right for you.
To learn why Discovery Bay Jamaica is a great place to visit, read our article, “5 Really Smart Reasons to Stay in Discovery Bay”.
As much as we would love for you to come and stay with us, we don’t want you to be in a location that is not right for you. So, check out our 6 reasons Discovery Bay Jamaica might not be the place for you.
Little beach, 2-minute walk from Mais Oui villa in Discovery Bay Jamaica
- If you want non-stop nightlife where you go to sleep when the sun rises … try Negril or the Hip Strip in Montego Bay.
- If you want to walk to upscale shopping like Prada and Gucci … try staying at the former Ritz-Carlton or at Half Moon in Montego Bay where they have exclusive duty-free shopping on-site. We can always drive you to such places; but, if you want to be within walking distance, we can’t help with that one.
- If you want to be neck to neck with other tourists, especially, cruise ship passengers … try staying city center in Montego Bay or Ocho Rios.
- If you want to be seen or if you expect people to care that your shoes are Jimmy Choos and that your handbag is by Louis Vuitton … book a large resort where there will be enough people who could get close enough to you to see the logos. People who come to Discovery Bay aren’t looking to be recognized and aren’t people watching. We just don’t want you to be disappointed 🙂
Lady Gaga carried Louis Vuitton luggage
- If McDonald’s and Burger King are your top two favorite restaurants … There are no McDonald’s on the island any more. Fast food joints like Burger King are in Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Kingston. Most guests enjoy home-cooked meals at their villa. The local restaurants, even those that would be the Jamaican version of fast food restaurants, serve food akin to home cooking.
Burger King versus appetizers at Mais Oui Villa in Discovery Bay Jamaica. Is there really a competition?
- If, in your heart, you want a to stay at a large resort, especially an all-inclusive resort … try Montego Bay, Negril or Ocho Rios. Discovery Bay is centered around private villas. The closest hotels are on the outskirts of Discovery Bay, less than 10 minutes in either direction – Braco or Falmouth to the west or Runaway Bay to the East.
So, if you think a stay in Discovery Bay is right for you, or if you have other questions about Discovery Bay Jamaica, contact us now. We’d love to hear from you.
‘Til next time.
Think and dream Jamaica!
Sherry, Darrell & Darrian
Considering a visit to Jamaica? Contact us today for more information about, Mais Oui Tennis & Spa Villa, our boutique 8-BR ocean view Jamaica villa rental experience in beautiful Discovery Bay, Jamaica. Perfect for multi-generational families, groups, and intimate destination weddings.
Visit our website: http://www.MakeItJamaica.com
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MakeItJamaica
Give us a call: 866.624.7684 (toll free) or 914.709.0457
Sign up for our newsletter and immediately get our Free Discovery Bay Insider Guide to discover what you won’t find in the guidebooks.